Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - this is a complete winemaking package - with all you need to start making your own delicious wine at home plus more! Plus you get 2 deluxe winemaking ingredients kits for 5 litres. You will also receive simple instructions on how to make your own wine as well as a generic home winemaking recipe.
If you are making wine from winemaking grapes (as opposed to wine from fruit, vegetables etc) these kits can be used but they are more intended for fruit wine. Check out our area on making wine from winemaking grapes.
The home winemaking equipment includes:
* 2 x 10L food grade plastic buckets with airtight lids. If you have 2 buckets it is much easier for straining your must and gives you somewhere to store all your other equipment
* 2 x 5 litre carboys / demijohns with swing tops; so you have have 2 lots of wine fermenting at the same time and/or have somewhere to "rack" your wine in to. The carboys may be of the style of the last picture.
* 2 x Rubber bungs with holes for the airlock
* 2 x Airlocks (may be either s-bend style or cylindrical style)
* Siphon tubing
* Nylon straining bag
* Hydrometer to measure the sugar content in your wine / must
* Pinch clamp to help slow the flow of wine when you are bottling
We will also include 2 x 5 litre deluxe winemaking ingredients kits so except your fruit and your sugar you will now have everything you need to get started making our own scrumptious homemade wine. Each dekuxe home winemaking ingredients kit includes:
* 1/8 cup Potassium Metabisulphite
* 5g Pectolase
* 5g professional winemaking yeast.
* 1/2 tbsp GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient / protectant
* 1.5g Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* 5g citric acid
* quarter teaspoon Tannin
* 20g bentonite
* 1/2 teaspoon of sorbate (optional)
* Instructions / recipe
* Unlimited email support
The yeast you choose may result in subtle differences to the end result BUT the main influences to your finished wine will be the fruit/raw ingredients you use. As a general rule there is not a yeast for a particular fruit. Dark fruits may benefit slightly from using a red wine yeast in that you may get more colour extraction and stability. If you don't know what yeast to use, get EC1118 as it provides a robust, neutral ferment.
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps