Christmas deliveries and hours: Last day to order to get your deliveries by Christmas for urban areas: North Island-Thurs 21st, South Island-Wed 20th. Rural can take severa days longer. Note these dates are aligned with delivery targets and are not guarantees.
We will be open over the Christmas break, but freight providers do not work on statutory holidays, so no deliveries will take place on statutory holidays. We may not despatch orders containing yeast immediately to avoid yeast sitting on the network over a weekend or long weekend.
We will be answering support queries over the Christmas period within the 24 hour service standard. However it may take longer than usual.
Hot weather and delivery timeframes: With this very hot weather we are experiencing we may avoid sending items containing yeast over a weekend. If relevant please include delivery instructions which avoid leaving orders including yeast sitting in the sun. Thanks for your understanding.
Merry Christmas! Thanks for your business in 2017 and here's to a wonderful 2018.
Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - This is a complete starter winemaking package - all you need to start making your own delicious wine at home. Including a basic ingredients kit for 5 litres. So you will have everything you need to make your own delicious wine at home (except your fruit or juice, & sugar). Add bottling products for an extra cost.
If you are making wine from winemaking grapes (as opposed to wine from fruit, vegetables etc) these kits can be used but they are more intended for fruit wine. Check out our area on making wine from winemaking grapes.
This deluxe home winemaking package includes:
* 10 litre food grade plastic bucket with airtight lid.
* 5 litre carboy / demijohns with swing top lid.
* Rubber bung with hole for the airlock
* Airlock (may be either s-bend style or cylindrical style)
* Nylon straining bag for straining your wine (easier to use and lasts longer than muslin).
* Hydrometer to measure the sugar content in your wine / must
* Pinch clamp to assist when bottling to slow the flow of wine
* Siphon tubing
The deluxe wine ingredients kit includes:
* 50g Potassium Metabisulphite
* 5g Pectolase
* 5g professional winemaking yeast.
* 6g GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* 1.5g Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* 5g citric acid
* ¼ teaspoon Tannin
*20g bentonite (finings)
* 1/2 teaspoon sorbate (optional - add for free)
* Instructions / recipe
* Unlimited email support.
The yeast you choose may result in subtle differences to the end result BUT the main influences to your finished wine will be the fruit/raw ingredients you use. As a general rule there is not a yeast for a particular fruit. Dark fruits may benefit slightly from using a red wine yeast in that you may get more colour extraction and stability. If you don't know what yeast to use, get EC1118 as it provides a robust, neutral ferment.
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps