Need a last minute Gift? How about a makewine digital e-voucher?
Hot weather and yeast deliveries: We may not despatch orders containing yeast on a Friday to avoid yeast sitting on the network over a weekend. If needed please include a delivery instruction to avoid yeast sitting somewhere hot or directly in the sun. Thanks!
Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - This is a complete starter winemaking package - all you need to start making your own delicious wine at home. Including a basic ingredients kit for 5 litres. So you will have everything you need to make your own delicious wine at home (except your fruit or juice, & sugar). Add bottling products for an extra cost.
If you are making wine from winemaking grapes (as opposed to wine from fruit, vegetables etc) these kits can be used but they are more intended for fruit wine. Check out our area on making wine from winemaking grapes.
This deluxe home winemaking package includes:
* 10 litre food grade plastic bucket with airtight lid.
* 5 litre carboy / demijohns with swing top lid.
* Rubber bung with hole for the airlock
* Airlock (may be either s-bend style or cylindrical style)
* Nylon straining bag
* Hydrometer to measure the sugar content in your wine / must
* Pinch clamp to assist when bottling to slow the flow of wine
* Siphon tubing
The deluxe wine ingredients kit includes:
* 50g Potassium Metabisulphite
* 5g Pectolase
* 5g professional winemaking yeast.
* 6g GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* 1.5g Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* 5g citric acid
* 1/4 teaspoon Tannin
* 20g bentonite (finings)
* 1/2 teaspoon sorbate (optional - add for free)
* Instructions / recipe
* Unlimited email support.
The yeast you choose may result in subtle differences to the end result BUT the main influences to your finished wine will be the fruit/raw ingredients you use. As a general rule there is not a yeast for a particular fruit. Dark fruits may benefit slightly from using a red wine yeast in that you may get more colour extraction and stability. If you don't know what yeast to use, get EC1118 as it provides a robust, neutral ferment.
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps