Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - This is a complete starter winemaking package - all you need to start making your own delicious wine at home. Including a 2 basic ingredients kit for 5 litres. So you will have everything you need to make your own delicious wine at home (except your fruit or juice, & sugar). Add bottling products for an extra cost.
If you are making wine from winemaking grapes (as opposed to wine from fruit, vegetables etc) these kits can be used but they are more intended for fruit wine. Check out making wine from winemaking grapes.
The home winemaking package includes:
* 2 x 10 litre food grade plastic buckets with lids
* 2 x 5 litre glass jar / carboy / demijohn with swing-top lids. STYLE MAY VARY.
* 2 x Rubber bungs
* 2 x Airlocks (may be either s-bend style or cylindrical style)
* Food-grade siphon tubing
* Cotton cheesecloth/mutton cloth for straining your wine
Each basic homemade wine ingredients kit includes:
* 1/8 cup (about 40g) Potassium Metabisulphite (same function as sodium metabisulphite or campden tablets). You use this to sterlise your equipment and your "must" (fruit mixture that you are fermenting).
* 1/2 tbsp (about 5g) pectolase enzyme to break down the pectin in your fruit so your wine is clearer
* 5g Lalvin EC1118 professional winemaking yeast.
* 1/4 tsp (about 1.5g) Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* Online Instructions and basic recipe
* Unlimited email help and support
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps