Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - This is a complete starter winemaking package - all you need to start making your own delicious wine at home. Including a deluxe ingredients kit for 5 litres. So you will have everything you need to make your own delicious wine at home (except your fruit or juice, & sugar). Add bottling products for an extra cost.
RURAL CUSTOMERS: Shipping is by Fastway/Aramex which may be slower than Courierpost. There is an option to pay extra for Courierpost which may be faster.
If you are making wine from winemaking grapes (as opposed to wine from fruit, vegetables etc) these kits can be used but they are more intended for fruit wine. Check out our area on making wine from winemaking grapes.
This deluxe home winemaking package includes:
* 10 litre food grade plastic bucket with lid.
* 5 litre carboy / demijohns
* Bung with hole for the airlock
* Airlock (style may vary but function is the same)
* Straining options (select on right side of page) include (all options may not always be available)
Small nylon bag (fits inside sieve/colander/funnel)
Large nylon bag (fit inside bucket)
Mutton cloth (use to line colander or sieve)
* Siphon clip to slow flow of wine when siphoning
* Optional stick on thermometer/s
Style, but not function, of any product MAY VARY.
The deluxe wine ingredients kit includes:
* 1/8 cup (about 40g) Potassium Metabisulphite (same function as sodium metabisulphite or campden tablets). You use this to sterlise your equipment and your "must" (fruit mixture that you are fermenting).
* 1/2 tbsp (about 5g) pectolase enzyme to break down the pectin in your fruit so your wine is clearer
* 5g EC1118 (or similar) professional winemaking yeast.
* 1/4 tsp (about 1.5g) Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* 1/2 tbsp (about 6g) GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient / protectant
* 1 tsp (about 5g) citric acid to add acidity to your must
* 1/4 teaspoon tannin to add structure, bite and depth of flavour and assist with your wine's keeping ability.
* 1 tbsp (about 20g) bentonite finings (to help clear your wine)
* 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate (optional - no extra cost). Use this if you want your wine medium or sweet
* Online Instructions and basic recipe
* Unlimited email help and support
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps