Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - This is a complete starter winemaking package - all you need to start making your own delicious wine at home. Including a deluxe ingredients kit for 5 litres. So you will have everything you need to make your own delicious wine at home (except your fruit or juice, & sugar). Add bottling products for an extra cost.
Please note bucket may be black.
If you are making wine from winemaking grapes (as opposed to wine from fruit, vegetables etc) these kits can be used but they are more intended for fruit wine. Check out our area on making wine from winemaking grapes.
This deluxe home winemaking package includes:
* 10 litre food grade plastic bucket with airtight lid.
* 5 litre carboy / demijohns with swing top lid.
* Rubber bung with hole for the airlock
* Airlock (may be either s-bend style or cylindrical style)
* Nylon straining bag
* Pinch clamp to assist when bottling to slow the flow of wine
* Siphon tubing
The deluxe wine ingredients kit includes:
* 1/8 cup (about 40g) Potassium Metabisulphite (same as sodium metabisulphite except it doesn't add any sodium to your diet!). Most professional wineries use this instead of sodium metabisulphite. You use this to sterlise your equipment and your "must" (fruit mixture that you are fermenting).
* 1/2 tbsp (about 5g) pectolase enzyme to break down the pectin in your fruit so your wine is clearer
* 5g professional winemaking yeast.
* 1/4 tsp (about 1.5g) Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* 1/2 tbsp (about 6g) GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient / protectant
* 1 tsp (about 5g) citric acid to add acidity to your must
* 1/4 teaspoon tannin to add structure, bite and depth of flavour and assist with your wine's keeping ability.
* 1 tbsp (about 20g) bentonite finings (to help clear your wine)
* 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate (optional - no extra cost). Use this if you want your wine medium or sweet
* Online Instructions and basic recipe (instructions in picture no longer included)
* Unlimited email help and support
The yeast you choose may result in subtle differences to the end result BUT the main influences to your finished wine will be the fruit/raw ingredients you use. As a general rule there is not a yeast for a particular fruit. Dark fruits may benefit slightly from using a red wine yeast in that you may get more colour extraction and stability. If you don't know what yeast to use, get EC1118 as it provides a robust, neutral ferment.
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps