Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - home winemaking ingredients kit for 5 litres of homemade wine.
All you need in addition is your fruit (or juice) and sugar (& equipment/bottles)
Included in the basic home winemaking ingredients kit:
* 1/8 cup (about 40g) Potassium Metabisulphite (same function as sodium metabisulphite or campden tablets). You use this to sterlise your equipment and your "must" (fruit mixture that you are fermenting).
* 1/2 tbsp (about 5g) pectolase enzyme to break down the pectin in your fruit so your wine is clearer
* 5g Lalvin EC1118 professional winemaking yeast.
* 1/4 tsp (about 1.5g) Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* Online Instructions and basic recipe (instructions in picture no longer included)
* Unlimited email help and support
Also included in the deluxe winemaking kit:
* 1/2 tbsp (about 6g) GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient / protectant
* 1 tsp (about 5g) citric acid to add acidity to your must
* 1/4 teaspoon tannin to add structure, bite and depth of flavour and assist with your wine's keeping ability.
* 1 tbsp (about 20g) bentonite finings (to help clear your wine)
* 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate (optional - no extra cost). Use this if you want your wine medium or sweet
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps