Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - home winemaking ingredients kit for 23 litres of homemade wine (made in 1 batch of 23 litres).
Use these kits instead of commercial kits like Cantina, Heron Bay, Winexpert, Vintners and Cellar Craft kits. Just as fail safe but without the high cost AND you can use fruit you have grown yourself, been given or have sourced locally.
All you need in addition to this home winemaking kit, is your fruit (or juice) and sugar. (& equipment/bottles)
Included in the basic home winemaking kit:
* 1/8 cup Potassium Metabisulphite (same as sodium metabisulphite except it doesn't add any sodium to your diet!). Most professional wineries use this instead of sodium metabisulphite. You use this to sterlise your equipment and your "must" (fruit mixture that you are fermenting).
* 25g pectolase enzyme to break down the pectin in your fruit so your wine is clearer
* 5g professional winemaking yeast.
* 7g Fermaid A, which is the nitrogen nutrient and has been specifically formulated for the New Zealand and Australian wine industry
* Instructions and generic recipe
* Unlimited email support.
Additional ingredients in the duluxe home winemaking kit:
* 1/2 tbsp GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* 25g citric acid to add acidity to your must
* 1.25 teaspoon tannin to add structure, bite and depth of flavour and assist with your wine's keeping ability.
* 100g bentonite finings to assist with clearing
* 2.5 teaspoons potassium sorbate (optional no additional cost). Use this if you want a medium or sweet wine to stop your yeast fermenting.
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps