Merry Christmas! Recommended date to place Christmas orders by 16th December 2019. We will be despatching orders throughout the Christmas period, but deliveries will only be on non-statutory days. We may not despatch orders containing yeast on Fridays or the day before statutory holidays.
Orders Containing Yeast: Please provide an instruction for courier to specific place they can leave the package to avoid heat/sun but avoid saying "leave in shade"'.
Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - home winemaking ingredients kit for 5 litres of homemade wine.
All you need in addition is your fruit (or juice) and sugar (& equipment/bottles)
Included in the basic home winemaking ingredients kit:
* 1/8 cup (about 40g) Potassium Metabisulphite (same as sodium metabisulphite except it doesn't add any sodium to your diet!). Most professional wineries use this instead of sodium metabisulphite. You use this to sterlise your equipment and your "must" (fruit mixture that you are fermenting).
* 1/2 tbsp (about 5g) pectolase enzyme to break down the pectin in your fruit so your wine is clearer
* 5g professional winemaking yeast.
* 1/4 tsp (about 1.5g) Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* Instructions and basic recipe
* Unlimited email help and support
Also included in the deluxe winemaking kit:
* 1/2 tbsp (about 6g) GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient / protectant
* 1 tsp (about 5g) citric acid to add acidity to your must
* 1/4 teaspoon tannin to add structure, bite and depth of flavour and assist with your wine's keeping ability.
* 1 tbsp (about 20g) bentonite finings (to help clear your wine)
* 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate (optional - no extra cost). Use this if you want your wine medium or sweet
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps