Merry Christmas! Recommended date to place Christmas orders by 16th December 2019. We will be despatching orders throughout the Christmas period, but deliveries will only be on non-statutory days. We may not despatch orders containing yeast on Fridays or the day before statutory holidays.
Orders Containing Yeast: Please leave delivery instructions to avoid yeast sitting in sun or heat.
Drifine Isinglass Finings (positive charge) removes suspended solids from a cloudy wine. Isinglass is a transparent and pure form of gelatin fining agent obtained from the swim bladder of fish.
1.5tsp is sufficient for about 100 litres of wine.
• efficient clarification at low addition rates
• unmatched ‘brilliance’
• gentle action with no associated detrimental flavour changes
• compact sediment volume, therefore reduced losses
• effective at low temperatures
• no additional clarifiers required
In addition to its excellent clarification properties Drifine isinglass can help improve flavour and aroma characteristics.
• removes harshness in white wine
• unmasks fruity aromas in white wine
• reduces astringency in red wine
Disperse 1.5 tsp (about 2.5 g) Drifine in 500 ml cold water. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. Mix thoroughly until dissolved.
Note: if a kitchen hand held blender is used a mixing time of 1 minute is all that is necessary
Add 10-30ml of the solution per 5 litres of wine. Mix through. Rack once clearing is complete.
Refrigerate unused portion.
Product may be in different packaging to image.