Lalvin ICV-GRE Winemaking Yeast 100g. Once this product is sold out it will not be retocked.
Supplied in a clear plastic bag (not manufacturer's packaging). Recommend to use within 6 months. STORE IN FRIDGE in airtight container.
Suited to early drinking Rhone style red, rosé and white wines where upfront fruit expression is desired.
In red wines, this yeast contributes up front fruit for easy drinking Rhone style wines. Spice and estery notes can be evident. Delivers a big fore-mouth impact. In white wines it also offers ‘fruit focussed’ styles with significant fore-mouth impact. Used with short skin contact regimes (3-5 days), Lalvin ICV GRE™ reduces vegetal characters in Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz and Grenache. In fact, it is recommended to use if grapes have been picked before optimal ripening, to help reduce the expression of undesirable herbaceous characters. Refer to the section Further Reading.
• Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. cerevisiae
• Fermentation temperature: 15-30°C. Quite sensitive to temperatures below 15°C and above 30°C
• Alcohol tolerance 15% v/v *subject to fermentation conditions.
• Medium relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
• Moderate lag phase and moderate fermentation vigour.
• Moderate production of H2S at low YAN (yeast available nitrogen).
• Low relative potential for SO2 (sulphur dioxide) production.
• Considered to be MLF (malolactic fermentation) friendly.
• Killer factor active (more inclined to outcompete other yeasts).
• Glycerol production high.
• Low foam producer.
To "pitch" (add it to must (fruit mixture that will become wine)) yeast rehydrate for 20 minutes: