Christmas deliveries and hours: Last day to order to get your deliveries by Christmas for urban areas: North Island-Thurs 21st, South Island-Wed 20th. Rural can take severa days longer. Note these dates are aligned with delivery targets and are not guarantees.
We will be open over the Christmas break, but freight providers do not work on statutory holidays, so no deliveries will take place on statutory holidays. We may not despatch orders containing yeast immediately to avoid yeast sitting on the network over a weekend or long weekend.
We will be answering support queries over the Christmas period within the 24 hour service standard. However it may take longer than usual.
Hot weather and delivery timeframes: With this very hot weather we are experiencing we may avoid sending items containing yeast over a weekend. If relevant please include delivery instructions which avoid leaving orders including yeast sitting in the sun. Thanks for your understanding.
Merry Christmas! Thanks for your business in 2017 and here's to a wonderful 2018.
Exclusive to makewine.co.nz - home winemaking ingredients kit for 5 litres (1 Gallon) of homemade wine.
All you need in addition is your fruit (or juice) and sugar (& equipment/bottles)
Included in the basic home winemaking ingredients kit:
* 50g Potassium Metabisulphite (same as sodium metabisulphite except it doesn't add any sodium to your diet!). Most professional wineries use this instead of sodium metabisulphite. You use this to sterlise your equipment and your "must" (fruit mixture that you are fermenting).
* 5g pectolase enzyme to break down the pectin in your fruit so your wine is clearer
* 5g professional winemaking yeast.
* 1.5g Fermaid A professional winemaking yeast nutrient
* Instructions and basic recipe
* Unlimited email help and support
Also included in the deluxe winemaking kit:
* 6g GO-FERM® Protect, professional winemaking yeast nutrient / protectant
* 5g citric acid to add acidity to your must
* 1/4 teaspoon tannin to add structure, bite and depth of flavour and assist with your wine's keeping ability.
* 20g bentonite finings (to help clear your wine)
* 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate (optional - no extra cost). Use this if you want your wine medium or sweet
You can choose to add bottling options:
Novatwist premium screwcaps - you can reuse your wine bottles with screw caps